I used to have lemonade stands with my dolls. People would always buy lemonade from me and I thought I was rich. [img]smile.gif[/img] Samantha was always my lemonade partner. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
What are some of your childhood AG memories? For me it would have to be going over to my neighbor Elise's house and playing with our dolls.
I used to have lemonade stands with my dolls. People would always buy lemonade from me and I thought I was rich. [img]smile.gif[/img] Samantha was always my lemonade partner. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
That's so cute!
Me and Elise would also have parties on our dolls' Birthdays. I remember one year when we were around 10 or 11 we made a Chocolate cake for Kirsten's Birthday.I even remember me and Elise bring our Kirsten's to school in third grade on a field trip.I think I got most of the AG's I have because Elise had them and that made me want them.
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ June 26, 2005 02:32 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font></font>
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 26, 2005 02:34 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font>
awww nostalgia. I had this great friend from about 3rd grade on to 6th (then I moved away), and we played with our dolls the whole time. Even in 6th grade when the rest of our friends were doll-less, we'd sneak off together and play with them. She had Kirsten and Molly, and I had Samantha and Felicity. Later on we each got more dolls, but those four were always together [img]wink.gif[/img]
Whenever Elise or I had a party we would always brings atleast one doll. Elise liked AG so much that from the time she was 7 until she was 11 she would have AG themed dance parties where we did dances from the dolls time periods.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 26, 2005 02:36 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font>
My mom taught AG sewing at a summer day camp, and my friend, Angele, and I would take the class. She had Samantha, and I had Molly. We would sew summer dresses, decorate hats, and even make shoes for Samantha and Molly. When I'd go to Angele's house, we'd mostly make things for ourselves, but I remember making doll jewelry with her once. We also loved to dress the girls up in Samantha's clothing.
Another camp friend I had later on had Felicity. We were in a sewing class together, too, so we'd get together and dress Felicity and Molly up clothes from Kayla's doll clothes box.
When I was a little older, I had a friend, Katie, who was about two years younger than me. At this point, I had 3 dolls I think: Molly, Kit, and maybe Lindsey. Katie had Josefina, and I remember bringing all my 18" play dolls to her house, and we'd play school with all of the dolls.
My first best friend received her AGT 7, my Ruthie now, after I got Molly. We would bring Ann and Molly over to each other's houses for sleepovers, I remember.
My friend, Sadia, had Addy, and even though we didn't play so much, we did a little bit, although mostly at my house.
My godsister, Catherine, had Samantha, and I remember how we used to play dress up with the dolls when I came to visit.
I know it seems like I had many AG friends, but i didn't really have any that really lived near me. Most people in my town hadn't heard of AG, so Molly was mostly alone, but luckily, I had penpals who had AG that I could relate to.
I remember lugging Samantha all over Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm the summer after I got her. AG dolls hadn't been out for very long at that point, and I got such attention from the flight attendants on the plane, and people in the parks. Mickey Mouse even planted a kiss on the top of her head. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds like it must have been fun! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]she would have AG themed dance parties where we did dances from the dolls time periods.
My best friend had Samantha and josafina and I had Kirsten and felicity, we always played dolls and took them to eachouters house up till the end of 5th grade.
Bookmarks